It’s finally the year of the smart home. Although the smart home push has been around for couple of years, this year (2017) finally is the year that the smart home implementation is on the main stream consumers’ shopping lists. Who to thank to? Amazon & Google, of course. Those 2 companies’ ambitious pushes made this concept implementation possible. Why? Well… if you wanna have a smart home (a real smart home activated by talking to your virtual assistant not just pressing your smartphone screens around), you need to have a smart speaker installed first. This year, the smart speakers’ price tag went as low as $4 USD (from Walmart on Black Friday sale if you count the $25 USD coupon that you will get from them). Therefore, anyone who wants to have a smart speaker can afford have a smart speaker for certain.
Since smart home isn’t a concept anymore, we need to have some components (e.g., smart lights) to make it intelligent. Today, we are going to give you 5 essential and cost friendly smart home products for you to choose. Once you install them and sync them with your “Alexa” or “OK, Google”, you will be thrilled how fancy is this to activate your home equipments. Without further ado, let’s get onto it.
1) Echo Dot (2nd Generation) – Black – $29.99 ($20.00 OFF)
If you wanna have the $4 USD deal of the Google Home Mini, you can still get it from walmart.com. Click here to shop the $4 USD Google Home mini.
2) Philips Hue White Smart Bulb Starter Kit (4 A19 Bulbs and 1 Bridge, Compatible with Amazon Alexa, Apple HomeKit and Google Assistant) – $88.00 ($11.99 OFF)
3) Honeywell RCHT8610WF2006 Lyric T5 Wi-Fi Smart 7 Day Programmable Touchscreen Thermostat with Geofencing, Works with Amazon Alexa-“Requires C Wire” – $99.00 ($50.99 OFF)
4) August Smart Lock Pro + Connect, 3rd gen technology – Silver, works with Alexa – $249.00 ($30.99 OFF)
5) ISELECTOR Mini Smart Plug 2-Pack, Wi-Fi, Control Your Electric Devices from Anywhere, Timing Function, No Hub Required, Works with Alexa and Google Assistant – $29.99
The most affordable “smart plug” on the market so far. 2 packs for less than 30 bucks. It’s perfect for your X’mas tree lights at home this holiday season. Just try talk to your Alexa or Google Home … try “Alexa, turn on the X’mas tree lights” or “OK, Google, X’mas tree lights on”... then … watch the magic happens.